PDA

View Full Version : settings and nautilus window configuration

neba
July 6th, 2014, 02:07 AM
Hello,

I am running Ubuntu 14.04 and Gnome 3.12.1. Attached is a screen shot if my issue. I want to change Nautilus and Settings window configurations to look like all my other programs with a title bar on top and the close button on the left hand side. I have been looking around this past week and had no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

R/S
Branden

mc4man
July 6th, 2014, 03:58 AM
ubuntu patches nautilus for an ubuntu session to use the unity-window-deco. In a gnome session you'll get what the gnome devs want which is what you see.
Whether it's possibe to hack around that never tried as I use an ubuntu (unity) session

As far as the 'open dir. on dnd hover', I too find that obnoxious in icon view (dnd in a nautilus window
The other 3 ares are ok & at times useful., - sidebar, breadcrumbs, listview

Too that end I wrote a patch to revert in canvas view this behavior, you'd need to rebuild nautilus as it's not a config item, (though they could have made the timeout 'user adjustable' but those words are foreign in gnomeland

neba
July 6th, 2014, 09:21 AM
I didn't know if there was a simple tweak that I could do Right now I don 't have the time to rebuild nautilus so I guess that I will have to live with it until Gnomeland becomes more user friendly. Thank you very much for your time.

R/
Branden