PDA

View Full Version : Android Development Guide: Missing "activity_main.xml" and "fragment_main.xml"

mitchewr
July 3rd, 2014, 06:11 PM
I am starting out with the Android Development tutorial. I am running Ubuntu 14.04. I installed Android's Eclipse ADT along with all of their SDKs and updates (all from the android development website). When I follow the Android tutorial, they have you create your first app. After the emulator step, they start talking about making a UI. In this section, they instruct you to open up and edit the "fragment_main.xml" file, located under "res/layout". I go to my "workspace" folder, open up the project, open up "res/layout" but there are zero files in the folder. There is no "activity_main.xml" or "fragment_main.xml", or anything else. The folder is completely blank. I've tried creating new projects, I've tried changing the API from Android 2.2 all the way up to Android 4.0 but that folder never has any files in it.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

mitchewr
July 4th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Don't bother replying. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling Eclipse, then redownloading the Android SDKs. Everything is now up to date and working properly.