PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] continue to get the 'mounting /dev on /root/dev failed...BusyBox..etc

mattjensenbps
June 17th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Recently upgraded to 4 gb RAM and an SSD, so I wanted to replace Xubuntu 14 w/ Ubuntu 14.04. Ever since starting the reinstall process, I've been getting that message and unable to boot the system w/o Live DVD - I saw several occurrences of this problem, along with several different reasons for it happening. My previous installations were flawed. But I finally got through the process smoothly, and so I celebrated, thinking my rapidly growing knowledge of Linux and Command Line had figured out the problem, and fixed it. Then quickly came back to reality that I don't know Sh*t and 'Buntu is just gonna keep bullying me, so I need your incredible GURU Help, wise Ubuntu Community, before my new-found admiration for Linux implodes and I go crawling back to that Macintosh Kingpin, OS X for forgiveness. So yea my Equipment Setup13" MacBook (Mid-2009) 2.23 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB Ram, original 160 gb HDD, 120 gb SSD where SuperDrive was (this is the drive I installed Ubuntu on)

whatever else you need for info let me know. And thanks anyone/everyone that takes the time to help out. The dedicated community of people willing to help is one of the greatest things about Ubuntu/Linux/open source etc.. (Sure beats calling AppleCare and being told u have to pay $99 for their advice that May or may not work...)

Buenos Informáticas,
Dan German

yancek
June 17th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Are you selecting 'boot from hard drive' from the the Live DVD menu and getting into Ubuntu?
Using an apple computer in an of itself complicates things enormously, by design. There is a lot of information which could be asked for but, from my experience, the simplest way to get this information in one file is to google 'bootinfoscript'. When you get to their page, read the instructions in the link in the Description box so you know what to do. Then download and run the script and post the output. That is a results.txt file and you should use the Ubuntu DVD to do this.