PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Application borders off desktop

AnotherKevin
June 17th, 2014, 02:37 PM
First, thanks to those of you that have taken the time to look at my posts. As I said before, I started using Ubuntu with v7.04 and have been back and forth since, but I think I'm here to stay, now...

I have everything on my Kubuntu (most recent releases/versions of everything) desktop working NEAR PERFECT! However, when I start a program and it comes up on the screen, it's so close to the edge of the desktop that the borders are not visible. Is there a way to set the margins for the screen edges so that all the programs borders are visible? I'm using plasma...

Thanks again for the help. Hopefully I'll be answering some questions for others soon. :cool:

Kevin

AnotherKevin
June 24th, 2014, 07:18 PM
I'd even accept hints!

AnotherKevin
June 29th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Well, the silence is deafening!

Here's the fix I figured out myself. Once again, I'm running 14.04 Kubuntu (v.4).

In order for this to work, you have to reposition each window to the place on your desktop you want it to go when you start the application.

Next click the icon in the upper left corner of the app's border. Choose More Actions >> Special Window Settings.

In the box that follows, tick the boxes for Position and Size, then, using the drop-down lists, choose Remember.

Don't forget that you must have the application where you want it before you make changes to the settings.

Thanks to those of you that looked at the problem. I hope this will help some one else!

Thanks Again!

AnotherKevin