PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] What package is responsible for displaying available login sessions?

kansasnoob
June 17th, 2014, 11:11 AM
I need to file a bug report because Ubuntu GNOME displays the GNOME Flashback (Compiz) session even when 'compiz' is not installed.

It's not just a 'gdm' thing because that session appears also with 'lightdm' regardless of which greeter is used.

I suppose I could just file the bug against 'gnome-session-flashback' but it seems more appropriate to file it against whatever package actually manages sessions ;)

steeldriver
June 17th, 2014, 11:30 AM
I've always thought that (at least for lightdm) it just presents everything for which it finds a corresponding .desktop file in /usr/share/xsessions - so it's up to the session package to make sure it cleans up its .desktop files when it is removed.

kansasnoob
June 19th, 2014, 05:57 PM
I've always thought that (at least for lightdm) it just presents everything for which it finds a corresponding .desktop file in /usr/share/xsessions - so it's up to the session package to make sure it cleans up its .desktop files when it is removed.

That makes sense. I filed a bug report:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-panel/+bug/1332183

Many thanks.