PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem installing Ubuntu - screen keeps flashing

thomaz_ebihara
June 13th, 2014, 09:33 PM
I'm trying to install Ubuntu on my netbook using a USB stick (14.04). The USB stick is working fine because I tested it on my desktop.

Netbook is a Sony Vaio with Intel Atom N470.

When booting with the USB stick, it shows the boot options, I choose "live", then the screen goes black and starts flashing. Each screen flash, the same message is displayed over and over:

Begin: loading essential drivers...

Each new screen flash, the same message gets appended to the previous, so after a while my screen is like:

Begin: loading essential drivers... Begin: loading essential drivers... Begin: loading essential drivers... Begin: loading essential drivers... Begin: loading essential drivers... Begin: loading essential drivers... Begin: loading essential drivers... Begin: loading essential drivers... Begin: loading essential drivers...

And also, the screen shows the UBUNTU logo in the center of the screen, overlaying these "begin: loading essential drivers" messages.

If I choose the "install Ubuntu" option, a similar thing happens, first it displays a list of messages that indicates that something is being installed but then, it clears the screen and starts showing the "Begin: loading essential drivers... " line by line.

What could be wrong?