PDA

View Full Version : RTFM not; your longest stint.

Jonor
June 13th, 2014, 12:52 PM
So i was cleaning out my electric razor the other day and thinking how poorly designed it was to clean
when it suddenly fell on the floor of its own accord, well okay i dropped it, to discover it elegently
disassembled as the manufacturer had intended. It is going to be easy to clean from now on.
The fine manual got binned two years ago and i should have read it !
There have got to be others.

john_burns2
June 13th, 2014, 05:47 PM
About 8 yrs ago, I was fitting a kitchen for the (now) ex wife.. Bought a new worktop jig to do the corner joints of the worktop. Before it came to installing the worktops, she'd managed to throw the bloody instructions away, leaving with absolutely no idea how to use the jig. :mad::mad:

monkeybrain20122
June 13th, 2014, 09:32 PM
About 8 yrs ago, I was fitting a kitchen for the (now) ex wife.. Bought a new worktop jig to do the corner joints of the worktop. Before it came to installing the worktops, she'd managed to throw the bloody instructions away, leaving with absolutely no idea how to use the jig. :mad::mad:

Haha, is that why she become your ex?

I had a teaching gig at a college a few years ago. Some instructors required their students to buy a scientific calculator from the bookstore, they were very particular about the brand even though there was nothing special about it as far as I could tell,--it might be for the convenience for the instructors, or the school was getting kick backs, I had no idea.

I taught math and for my purpose there was no need for calculator (I was interested in teaching concepts, not number crunching) Then one day this girl came to me asking if I could spend half an hour to teach the class how to use that calculator. I told her just to read the manual as it had nothing to do with the course and I was not the calculator manufacturer (I didn't even have that calculator), she said he had thrown away the manual with the packaging. I told her it was too bad, she should ask the instructor who made her buy the calculator. She said she already did, the guy told her to buy a new one and remembered to keep the manual this time. :)