PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Configuring the alt-tab task switcher with CompizConfig Settings Manager

craig10
June 13th, 2014, 09:15 AM
I have seen several threads on here and elsewhere regarding changing the behaviour of the alt-tab switcher using CompizConfig Settings Manager. The most recent is one dated only just under three months ago, so it's not a years-old post: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2211863 .

Oddly, even though it's a recent post, what the poster describes in CompizConfig Settings Manager is not what I see. He says:

Scroll down to the "Window management" section. Here you can select another switcher.
I enable the "Static Application Switcher", resolve any potential conflicts by setting the setting for "Static Application Switcher".
Now you can tweak the switcher by clicking on it. I have changed alt-tab and shift-alt-tab to "Next window (All windows)" and "Prev window (All windows)".

However, I don't see an option to choose a new switcher here. I only see six options:

Grid
Move Window
Place Windows
Resize Window
Scale
Snapping Windows

Am I missing something? I'd really like to get rid of the infuriating grouping of windows.

Craig

monkeybrain20122
June 14th, 2014, 04:35 AM
You need to install the package 'compiz-plugins'

craig10
June 16th, 2014, 10:48 AM
You need to install the package 'compiz-plugins'

Of course. Sorry, with the several guides I was trying to follow I missed installing that as well as CompizConfig Settings Manager.