PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] unity launcher hides quickly

monkeybrain20122
June 12th, 2014, 11:17 PM
I set the unity launcher to auto-hide. It used to be that when I put the cursor to the left edge it will reveal and stay as long as the cursor is placed at the edge, but may be since yesterday or today when I put the cursor to the left edge to expose the launcher it only show briefly and then hide again.

Ubuntu 14.04.

monkeybrain20122
June 13th, 2014, 12:13 AM
It turns out to be a conflict with edge-flipping of wall. If disable that auto-hide works normally.

Alternatively if hold the super key the launcher would reveal, but is there a way to get rid of the numbers on the icons?

monkeybrain20122
June 14th, 2014, 04:49 AM
Well, I found out I can hold the launcher in place if I start pointing the cursor either to the very top (the Ubuntu logo) or the very bottom (trash) of the launcher then move down or up when wall flippling and autohide are both activated. Alternatively, put the cursor on the top of the launcher, then press alt and then just scroll the mouse /touchpad to go up or down.

I guess this is as good as I can get so I am marking this as solved.

P.S. only for the right two of the desktops of course or it will flip, for the left two desktop would need to hold super to expose the launcher.