PDA

View Full Version : Left side menubar. . . .Dash (I assume)

Richard Carlson
June 10th, 2014, 04:40 AM
I'm using Gnome 3.10 (Ubuntu-Gnome 14.04). I have a Nvidia Geforce 640 video card and am using the 331.38 driver. (I believe that's the one). My biggest problem is that the Left side menu-bar in Gnome continues to change size and shape. Initially it looks fine when the computer starts up but I have noticed that it will begin to shift to the bottom of the screen and menu-bar icons start to disappear from view. I've have had up to about 11-12 program icons on the bar and they all fit nicely and the menubar is centered on the left side of the screen. After a little while of running programs it begins to shift to the bottom left of the screen and menu icons start to disappear. The bar becomes decentralized on the left side also. Is there a fix for this. If it doesn't stay put then they should get rid of it or just plain fix it. It is annoying as hell. Any thoughts or idea's about this from anyone would be welcome.

Thanx;

Richard ;)

nknwn
June 10th, 2014, 10:06 AM
You seem to be describing the Launch bar (read help). Dash is the search facility (the topmost icon on the Launch bar).
When you open a new application an icon is added to the Launch bar. Open many applications and the launch bar can get crowded. When the Launch bar runs out of space the icons at the bottom do 90% rotation to fit the icons in view at the bottom. (only if your computer graphics system is good enough). When you move your pointer over those icons they return to full icon view.