PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.04 hanging after Firefox upgrade(?)

rebeltaz
June 6th, 2014, 08:58 PM
I know 10.04 is outdated, but...

It seems that an upgrade has broken something. After allowing system updates this morning, whenever I click on Firefox, it comes up and then the program hangs. In addition to that, other programs refuse to open until the computer is rebooted. Everything works fine until firefox is started. I tried deleting the .mozilla/firefox folder; I tried purging and reinstalling firefox; I forced apt to download a new copy;.... nothing works.

Any ideas? Thanks.

ray10
June 6th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Yea having the same problems here had to reinstall 10.04 and can't do anything on Firefox major problems right now , also any driver I try to use for my geforce 6200 screen just goes blank after activate the driver , this was a great os a week ago thinking bout going back to xp

Timothy Taylor
June 6th, 2014, 09:42 PM
It's to do with the upgrade, not FF.

If you get a boot menu at startup, go back to the previous version - works fine.

rebeltaz
June 6th, 2014, 10:11 PM
That seems to be working right now... maybe they'll get it fixed soon?

Timothy Taylor
June 7th, 2014, 07:28 AM
i hope so.

kithrup
June 11th, 2014, 04:50 AM
There's another thread (can't find it right now, sorry) the update is for 10.04 LTS server, breaks various functionalites in desktop. I rolled back to an earlier kernel and all good.

--BUT--

you're gonna get a lot of grief trying to get support, 10.04 desktop was EOL last April.

I found out the hard way myself.

found the thread, here.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2228206