PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Disable text grayed out when windows go out of focus

LastStarDust
May 31st, 2014, 09:06 PM
Hello,
There is a small issue with Gnome shell that is really annoying me.
When a window looses focus is grayed out or more precicely the text in it dims and get thinner.
I think this is the default behavior and in principle I would be ok with that.
But this dimming thing is buggy or not well implemented so the text flickers when loosing and gaining focus and is a real pain in the eyes.
I tried all it came to my mind to set it right but the problem is still there.

What I ask:

Is there a way to prevent windows to gray out when loose focus?

What I have done:

changed themes
reinstalled
changed focus mode (click-mouse-floppy)

What I cannot do:

upgrade gnome (this is the latest stable version available for 12.04)
build gnome (I miss a lot of dependeces not solvable in 12.04)
drop out of gnome (I spent a huge amount of time customizing gnome so is out of the table to change it)

Maybe it would be too much to ask for a fix. I want only to disable that feature!

My specs:
GNOME Shell 3.4.1 http://ppa.launchpad.net/gnome3-team/gnome3/ubuntu
Ubuntu 12.04 3.2.0-63-generic #95-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 15 23:05:57 UTC 2014 x86_64

LastStarDust
June 7th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Is it here the best place to ask such a question or should I post somewhere else?

LastStarDust
June 25th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Is there somebody there?

buzzingrobot
June 25th, 2014, 04:06 PM
I'ved used, and use, Gnome Shell a great deal in Ubuntu and Fedora. I've never seen that behavior. As far as I know, it is not the default behavior.

Does it happen regardless of theme? When any extensions are disabled?

Here is an unresolved thread from someone with a possibly related issue: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2231125

LastStarDust
June 25th, 2014, 08:46 PM
The problem vanished as mysteriously as it appeared.
Anyway it was happening regardless of theme and extensions.
The link you provided was showing a very similar issue but as you pointed out is unresolved ...
Thanks for the help and good forum

LastStarDust
July 13th, 2014, 11:18 AM
I found out what was causing the problem: it is Teamviewer program. Apparently when it is running, even if reduced to icon, it causes the greying out.
But I don't know why ...