PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Mint 17 MATE: How to get separate volume button?

Janiporo
May 29th, 2014, 03:01 PM
I used Mint 13 and there I could add separate volume button to the taskbar, now it is not available. Reason I need this is that I placed volume-button to the right bottom of the screen, Doing this I could change volume just moving mouse there (without looking) and scroll volume up or down.

And no, there is no possibility for separate volume control on the computer table, and so on, I just need the button where it belongs.

I came close by moving that one indicator-applet to the right bottom corner, but --> there was networkmanager-applet in the way (right from the volume button), I disabled it from "startup programs" (named nm-applet) and when it vanished I got closer to the goal. Another problem is that there is a "power manager" or something like that, the icon that shows battery stage, I disabled it (was not showing anyway, table computer), BUT there is about 2 pixel space from volume button to the right side of the screen reserved for that icon, so again, I can not do what I want to, I have to move mouse a bit, I do NOT want to do that :D

Is there a way to change the order that they appear in the applet or to have separate volume button? In Ubuntu I installed some alsa-volume applet, but do not remember how to, or know that would it work anyhow.

EDIT: Can someone tell me what is the name of that applet-program in mint 13?

Janiporo
May 29th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Solved it, just disabled nm-applet and mate-power-manager from startup programs, and now the volume button is the farmost icon on the right.

EDIT: Another problem is that between reboots the indicator-applet sometimes like to move little to the left, even when it is locked in place. Not a big thing, since I do not reboot so often (Hopely) with this new excellent operating system ^_^