PDA

View Full Version : Forum Members Pics

Dragonbite
July 25th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I noticed on another forum they had a section for posting Members' pics (see the face behind these posters?!).

Thought this could be a neat idea, but wonder if anybody else would be interseted in something like this.

Just curious.

btw.. the forum I saw this is FedoraForum.org (http://www.fedoraforum.org/gallery/browseimages.php?c=4).

bonzodog
July 25th, 2006, 02:58 PM
We ought to get people to put their pic in their profile picture - you can have 2 pics- your avatar, which displays next to the posts, and your profile picture which only can be seen by going to each members profile.

BWF89
July 25th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Yes, just go to: Quick links > User Control Panel > Edit Profile Picture.

I'm planning on adding a picture of me sometime in the next few days.

Brunellus
July 25th, 2006, 03:13 PM
My avatar is already my picture.

Dragonbite
July 25th, 2006, 03:32 PM
I didn't know that. Hmph... just added my ugly mug

(artwork is by my wife and this is an old piece of hers)

:cool:

cstudent
July 25th, 2006, 03:40 PM
I've had a pic of me on my profile for awhile now.

Dragonbite
July 25th, 2006, 03:52 PM
The only thing is that I don't usually go into people's profile and see the pics. There might be some interesting quips about people in their profiles but ultimately there isn't much of a reason to.

I don't know if the Ubuntu forums wants to start giving people a place for blogging or the such to produce changable profiles and an additional reason to view them individually.

Brunellus
July 25th, 2006, 04:02 PM
many of us blog quite independently of the forums. see my sig.

Tatey
July 25th, 2006, 05:03 PM
My avatar is already my picture.

So is mine, except it's about 2 years old.

Jucato
July 25th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Mine is in my blog (here's the direct link: http://jucato.wordpress.com/about/).

I generally don't want to torture people with my face, so I don't show it unless they ask for it. In which case I could just point them to my blog. :D

Dragonbite
July 25th, 2006, 06:01 PM
While we're on the subject of Profiles, I've noticed a category in profiles for "Group Memberships".

What is that and how does one join?

MaximB
July 25th, 2006, 07:57 PM
While we're on the subject of Profiles, I've noticed a category in profiles for "Group Memberships".

What is that and how does one join?

for that I think you should make a new thread
it's a hole new subject
some people may be intersted as well

TheRingmaster
July 25th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Mine is in my blog (here's the direct link: http://jucato.wordpress.com/about/).

I generally don't want to torture people with my face, so I don't show it unless they ask for it. In which case I could just point them to my blog. :D

your link is giving me a 404 error. :-k

richbarna
July 25th, 2006, 10:02 PM
your link is giving me a 404 error. :-k

It's got a ) at the end of it.

Jucato
July 25th, 2006, 11:42 PM
grr... I didn't notice that. I was a bit too sleepy to notice. Fixed the link now. It's supposed to be http://jucato.wordpress.com/about

thanks for pointing it out. :D

TravisNewman
July 25th, 2006, 11:48 PM
My avatar actually IS me. I'm actually a thumb who gets panicked all the time. it's ridiculous.

djsroknrol
July 26th, 2006, 04:03 AM
Mine has been on my public profile since day one...I'm the one with lots of hair...;)

daniel of sarnia
July 26th, 2006, 04:08 AM
My avatar actually IS me. I'm actually a thumb who gets panicked all the time. it's ridiculous.

That is in fact ridiculous. I too am my aviator.

DoktorSeven
July 26th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Last time I posted my picture on the Internet, thousands of people got sick, hundreds had to go to the hospital, plants died, pets started attacking their owners, and the entire Internet went down for days, all because the picture was so terrible to behold.

I don't think anyone wants that to happen again.

;)

BWF89
August 3rd, 2006, 03:30 PM
ok I put mine on