PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Launcher Whisker Menu Disappears

slowmailman
May 21st, 2014, 04:07 PM
This is probably a no-no but I moved the bar across the top to the bottom and changed the mouse icon. When I restart the computer, the launcher Whisker Menu has disappeared. Even more weird, after about 3 minutes the Whisker Menu reappears.
(This is my first introduction to linux)

Toz
May 21st, 2014, 05:59 PM
Hello and welcome to the forums.

This is probably a no-no but I moved the bar across the top to the bottom and changed the mouse icon.
Nothing wrong with this - you can move the bar wherever you want.

When I restart the computer, the launcher Whisker Menu has disappeared. Even more weird, after about 3 minutes the Whisker Menu reappears.
(This is my first introduction to linux)
Sounds like it is taking some time to start. Tell us more about your computer:
- The make and model
- Is it an older computer?
- How much RAM does it have?
- Do you have a lot of applications auto-starting that would delay the load of the Xfce environment?

maier.m
September 22nd, 2014, 09:08 PM
Hm, I have the same on Xubuntu 14.10. I did not do any changes to the Whisker menu but when I log in it's just a grey square. I can remove it from the bar and add another Whisker menu, this one works just fine. After a reboot, it's gone again.

Any idea?

Toz
September 23rd, 2014, 02:15 AM
Hm, I have the same on Xubuntu 14.10. I did not do any changes to the Whisker menu but when I log in it's just a grey square. I can remove it from the bar and add another Whisker menu, this one works just fine. After a reboot, it's gone again.

Any idea?

Try clearing your sessions cache to see if that helps (Settings Manager >> Session and Startup >> Session tab >> "Clear Saved Sessions").

Log out and back in again to test.

maier.m
September 23rd, 2014, 07:18 PM
Whee, that worked! That was easy, thanks...