PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Do not have a trash or recyle bin in my upgrade to 14.04

RedRat
May 19th, 2014, 06:32 PM
OK, this may seem minor (probably is) but after I upgraded to 14.04, I lost my "Trash" or "recyle" bin. How do I get it back. I use the Gnome Classic and Gnome (compiz and metacity) GUI. Any ideas?

monkeybrain20122
May 19th, 2014, 10:30 PM
I believe there is a setting in gnome-tweak-tool for that. But here is something better, open Nautilus, go to Preferences > Behaviour and check include a delete command that bypasses trash. IMO Trash or as you called it "recycle" is one of the most stupid design, probably taken after MS's recycle. When you delete something you want it gone, not to move it to another folder where it will be forgotten.

RedRat
May 20th, 2014, 12:37 AM
I believe there is a setting in gnome-tweak-tool for that. But here is something better, open Nautilus, go to Preferences > Behaviour and check include a delete command that bypasses trash. IMO Trash or as you called it "recycle" is one of the most stupid design, probably taken after MS's recycle. When you delete something you want it gone, not to move it to another folder where it will be forgotten.

Hey thanks the Tweak Tool had it! As I said, it is a minor irritation but I do like to have a visual reminder that I have junk in the trash. I have made deletions in the past and forgot about them until I needed them. That trash or recycle bin is just handy.