PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Mouse cursor invisible after screen saver mode

prickett2
May 19th, 2014, 01:58 AM
I'm running Lubuntu and after my PC comes out of screen saver mode the mouse cursor is gone. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix? I upgraded to the latest version of Lubuntu and still have the same problem.

robbo.stanley
May 19th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Are you sure it's not the mouse? I used an external bluetooth mouse and it always used to unpair if my PC went into screensaver mode. If you are using a bluetooth/wireless mouse that could be a possible reason.

prickett2
May 19th, 2014, 02:35 PM
I've tried two different ones with no difference in results. Both are wired, BTW.

Luke M
May 19th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Is the mouse working (apart from not being able to see the cursor)? In that case it's a graphics driver problem. Possibly solvable by disabling hardware cursor.

robbo.stanley
May 19th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Hmm, i'm not really sure then. Does it fix it if you unplug the mouse then plug it back in? Have you got the brand and make of mouse, so that you can search if there are any known issues with them and Lubuntu. Sorry I can't help you anymore than this.

prickett2
May 19th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Is the mouse working (apart from not being able to see the cursor)? In that case it's a graphics driver problem. Possibly solvable by disabling hardware cursor.

Yes, it is. I'll try that (if I can figure out where it is set).

Thanks!

prickett2
May 19th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Hmm, i'm not really sure then. Does it fix it if you unplug the mouse then plug it back in? Have you got the brand and make of mouse, so that you can search if there are any known issues with them and Lubuntu. Sorry I can't help you anymore than this.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try both when I get home. I appreciate the help.

prickett2
May 20th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Yes, it is. I'll try that (if I can figure out where it is set).

Thanks!

I tried turning off hardware cursor but don't have the file I think it is configured in (per another post complaining about the same issue): /etc/X11/xorg.conf

My video card, btw, is a Nvideo GeForce 6150 LE. Not sure if Lubuntu knows this or is using a default driver. How do find that out?

prickett2
May 25th, 2014, 06:19 AM
I installed the Nvidia drivers and it took care of the problem