PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] how to make windows smaller in Ubuntu 14.04

s9032g@comcast.net
May 18th, 2014, 09:31 PM
My window is so large that I cannot use Terminal, Appearance or anything else. I would like to have the unity panel disappear except when needed but the window is so large I can't make the change in Appearence. The things I need are off the edge somewhere.

Also my Mouse stopped working.

s9032g@comcast.net
May 19th, 2014, 12:21 AM
I am ready to dump Ubuntu after using it from 8.04. Supposedly it is better suited now to netbooks etc.; however I find it far worse on My Dell Mini 9. It seems BIG to the point of overwealming. I tried LBUNTU as an alternative and it was even worse. Went back to Ubuntu 14.04 and nothing works. No wi fi, no mouse, windows too big to even use the terminal. AHHHH!

grahammechanical
May 19th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Do you know, I do not care one little bit whether you use Ubuntu or not. I do not have a financial incentive for getting people to use Ubuntu. So, it makes no difference to me whether someone uses Ubuntu or even if they use an OS that they have purchased.

As a user I come on this forum to try to help other users and I do that as a means of giving something back to the Ubuntu community that gave me such an awesome free gift. I have never experienced what you are experiencing. And I am using a 20 inch high definition TV/monitor. My guess would be that it is something due to an incompatibility in the video driver. Possibly the wrong resolution.

Good bye