PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 14.04 - Stuck at Preparing to install Ubuntu

kenweill
May 9th, 2014, 09:26 AM
It's been more than 5 minutes of waiting at "Preparing to install Ubuntu" and still nothing happens.
How can I fix this?

kenweill
May 11th, 2014, 12:43 AM
Problem solved. I unchecked both check boxes and it continued.

Dino_Nucci
August 18th, 2014, 01:01 AM
I am having this trouble now. You just unclicked the boxes and it worked or did you have to restart the install?

AbhimanyuAryan
February 17th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Then how to install those things (3rd-party software and updates)?

craig10x
February 17th, 2015, 05:37 PM
You can do that AFTER your installation is finished....when you boot into your new ubuntu, just open software center and install ubuntu restricted extras...by the way, when you do that, often the agreement for microsoft fonts (if you want them...i always get them) may not come up and get installed (everything else will though)...if that happens, you can always install the ms-core fonts separately, using either ubuntu software center or install synaptic package manager and do it with that...It may show it as being installed, but unless the agreement was checked, it isn't, so just uninstall and re-install that...

When i install ubuntu, i always install that stuff afterwards, rather then check the boxes...The latest updates will come up after you boot into ubuntu and you can install them at that time, also...
So, no need to have either boxes checked during install...