PDA

View Full Version : Ghost of Chrome keeps popping up

vitke
May 8th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Since I upgraded to Kubuntu 14.04, an image of Google Chrome keeps popping up if Chrome is running in the background. It's only an image and it is enough to move the mouse pointer over the active window for this image to disappear, except in some parts of the window that are not refreshed. If I click on Chrome in the task bar it does not minimize. If I minimize Google Chrome its image stays on other windows but not on the desktop background. The same happens with Chromium and with no other application. I tried upgrading Nvidia driver but it did not help.

vitke
May 16th, 2014, 08:19 AM
I solved it: in Chrome or Chromium turn off Settings -> Show Advanced Settings -> Use hardware acceleration when available.

The same problem exists with Google Earth, but there I need the hardware acceleration.

All this was working fine before the upgrade, so there is something broken in the hardware acceleration. I noticed the same problem in Arch Linux.

bapoumba
May 16th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Glad to see you found a solution. Please mark your thread as solved (under Thread Tools) it will help other readers.