PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Custom Install Disk

Slopsbucket
May 8th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Hi everyone.

I just created a custom install disk and made a successful Live USB stick.

I used UCK to customize the installer, thank you so much to the people who created that.

I used Unetbootin to create the bootable USB, thank you also to the people who created that.

The USB stick works great and all my extra programs are in there.

My question is:

If I install from this USB will all my extra programs get installed?

I'll find out the hard way on Saturday when I install on a mate's computer but in the mean time any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew.

ibjsb4
May 8th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Just one thought. Once installed, the ubuntu boot loader will take over. If you need to revert back to just windows, have a restore disk handy.

Slopsbucket
May 10th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Hi ibjsb4,

Thank you for the warning but I'm well used to working with many different operating systems, my only Windows is a poor sad little 150 Gb partition with WinXp used for playing games. Why anyone would ever attempt to use any version of Windows for any other purpose is completely beyond my ken.

As an answer to my original question - Yes, the install disk that I made worked perfectly and it did install all the extraneous programs that I'd added to it.

I forgot to add a couple of little things but I can always fix that later.

In the meantime my mate's missus is very happy with her new Ubuntu and the only updates nescessary were about 113 Mb. That's a far cry form installing Fedora and adding all the extra programs afterwards, download about 1.2 Gb.

Thanks again for the comments ibjsb4, they had no relevance to my question but I can see you were trying to help. You wouldn't believe how rare that is these days!

Cheers,

Andrew.

P.S.

can anyone tell me how to mark this post as "Solved" ? - I'll need careful step by step instructions, I'm not real good with all this social media hoohaa.