PDA

View Full Version : Unity menubar behaves incorrectly

hamiljf
May 7th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Using Exclipse running in 14.04: with the default Unity behaviour, the application menu behaves more or less correctly. With the setting changed to 'show menu in window's title bar' the same application menubar behaves incorrectly: some top level menus drop down, some do not. In some drop downs, the dropped list is incomplete and/or incorrectly enabled. It would appear to me that this ought not to be an application issue, but with Unity, Java, Swing and Eclipse all involved, I cannot be definitive: it may be a Unity bug.

justtryit
May 17th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Using Ubuntu 14.04 64bit:

Yes, I see a similar problem with the top bar of the firefox window, for example. When Ubuntu 14.04 is set to show the top bar in the application, the top bar is visible, but unresponsive. When Ubuntu 14.04 is set back as it was in 12.04, everything seems to work 'normally' (for 12.04).

I was looking forward to the change, but have now reverted back to the 12.04 behavior/setting in 14.04 because that, at least, 'works'.

Perhaps someone with greater experience has also encountered this problem, and has figured out how to correct it. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

hamiljf
May 19th, 2014, 01:10 AM
If two of us are getting odd effects in different applications, this looks like a bug to me... any chance of a mod moving this to a bug thread ?

normcross
May 19th, 2014, 03:39 PM
I'm also finding this a tad annoying. I quite often have three or so file manager windows open and with locking the menus to the windows not working very well my mouse is sure knocking up the miles.

I have to laugh, I keep forgetting to select the window first so when picking a menu item, the changes happen somewhere else. Grrrr.

Cheers.

justtryit
May 21st, 2014, 02:26 AM
FYI: I see there is also more discussion of this behavior on another thread... http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2219936