PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Xubuntu 14.04 - Whisker menu remove "Favorites" and "Recently Used" categories

fpD7n6W
May 4th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Hi!

Is there any way to remove the "Favorites" and "Recently Used" categories in the Whisker menu (Xubuntu 14.04)? Neither the Whisker menu nor Menulibre allow me to do that. I did a bit of research, but I couldn't find the right configuration file.

Is there anyone out there who could help me out?

macachuto
May 4th, 2014, 01:31 PM
I want to joint to this question, but I also need something different.
I would like to be able to choose category that will be open then "whisker menu" pops up.
For instance I would like to see my own category, because I want to add a separator in there.

Dennis N
May 4th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Hi!

Is there any way to remove the "Favorites" and "Recently Used" categories in the Whisker menu (Xubuntu 14.04)? Neither the Whisker menu nor Menulibre allow me to do that. I did a bit of research, but I couldn't find the right configuration file.

Is there anyone out there who could help me out?

You can test this out (I haven't):

Edit the file ~/.config/xfce4/panel/whiskermenu-29.rc and comment out the lines beginning favorites= and recent= and see what effect that has. You may have to log out and back in.

macachuto
May 4th, 2014, 05:47 PM
It doesn't work - "favorites" button and empty list.

brainwash
May 5th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Removing these two categories is not possible as of now. Please file an upstream report and request this feature.

https://github.com/gottcode/xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin/issues