PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I can't upgrade for 13.10 to 14.04 Insufficient space in /boot partition

crislosi
May 3rd, 2014, 07:17 PM
Hi, I've got a /boot partition. When I want upgrade the OS I have this error message:

No hay espacio suficiente en el disco

La actualización se canceló. La actualización necesita un total de 57,2 M de espacio libre en el disco «/boot». Libere al menos 1.151 k de espacio en el disco «/boot». Pruebe vaciando su papelera y borrando paquetes temporales de antiguas instalaciones usando la orden «sudo apt-get clean».

I've deleted all old kernels and apt-get clean with ubuntu-tweak, and I've cleaned the root trash. The message tells to me that the system need 57,2 M free space in /boot and I have to liberate at least 1.151 k in /boot partition.

How can i solve this problem?

Thanks

monkeybrain20122
May 3rd, 2014, 07:20 PM
Do a clean install. Why do so many people go through great length to 'upgrade' only to get a broken system? A clean install takes about 15 minutes and if you have a separate /home you only need to reinstall the software, that take may be another 15-20 minutes.

ajgreeny
May 3rd, 2014, 09:09 PM
And please don't make a separate /boot partition again in a desktop system; it is a waste of time, disk space, and more often than not results in exactly the problems you have seen here. By all means make a separate /home partition if you don't already have one as it does make upgrading distro version so much easier, but boot? No, don't bother! Leave that for servers.