PDA

View Full Version : Account suspension

henriquemaia
July 24th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Hi,

I like to ask the forum staff to suspend* my account. The reasons for this are stated below. This is not directly related to what occured last week or with a clash with anyone else, but a matter of my personal beliefs.

I do think these forums are a great help for the community and that the staff does its best in keeping this a sane place to post and share ideas on Ubuntu based on what they think its the best policy to achieve that. I have learned a lot here and I will still recomend this place for anyone who wants to know more about ubuntu or need to have some problem solved.

When I joined here, I didn't have much experience on forums and on interacting with other forum members. I learned a lot of that here. But I was not aware of the forum policy (totally my fault). Since I do not agree with it now but have accepted it (upon joining), and since I'm not happy with the way the forum is managed (in its interaction with the community**, only that), I have to ask my suspension as a member.

I do thank all the forum members for making this a great community and also the ubuntuforums staff for doing what you think is best in managing this.

Henrique Maia.

*I use the term suspension because account deletion is not possible as it was kindly explained to me by ubuntu-geek. I agree with what you have proposed me as a way of blocking my account. Thanks for taking care of this issue.

**And you're right to do it the way you find best, since, as stated on the guidelines: "It should also be noted that this is a privately owned and operated site by Ubuntu-Geek; therefore posting here is a privilege rather than a constitutional 'right' to free speech and freedom of expression, we ask that the forum rules are followed at all times." There nothing anyone can discuss about this.

ubuntu-geek
July 24th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Moved to the resolution center.

ubuntu-geek
July 24th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I am sorry you choose to leave.. Its still unclear exactly why.. But anyways good luck..