PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] desktop icons align and arrange

nLpPyXR
April 30th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Simple question: how do I configure my Trusty Tahr Lubuntu (core) to auto align and arrange desktop icons?

Bonus points: preferably in a horizontal manner (bottom left corner of the screen, from left to right)

bapoumba
May 1st, 2014, 10:44 AM
OK, saw your thread yesterday and was hoping someone would answer :)
I'm not sure it is possible https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCManFM

Saw a post from vasa on another forum, but I cannot retrieve it.

Here is what I have in /home/bapoumba/.config/pcmanfm/lubuntu/dektop-items-0.conf, after moving a file on the desktop (look at the bottom) :

wallpaper_mode=stretch
wallpaper_common=1
wallpapers_configured=1
wallpaper=/usr/share/lubuntu/wallpapers/lubuntu-default-wallpaper.png
desktop_bg=#000000
desktop_fg=#ffffff
desktop_shadow=#000000
desktop_font=Ubuntu 11
show_wm_menu=0
sort=mtime;ascending;
show_documents=0
show_trash=0
show_mounts=1

[test.png]
x=3
y=15

I keep my desktop empty and only show removable media when there is one plugged in.

Edit : a right click allows to snap to grid.

nLpPyXR
May 2nd, 2014, 05:28 AM
thank you for replying to the thread, but that didn't work for me...

eh, perhaps I should just get walls with nothing interesting in the left side or alternatively install a dock.

vasa1
May 2nd, 2014, 05:39 AM
Simple question: how do I configure my Trusty Tahr Lubuntu (core) to auto align and arrange desktop icons?

Bonus points: preferably in a horizontal manner (bottom left corner of the screen, from left to right)
I don't know what "Trusty Tahr Lubuntu (core)" comes with but in regular Lubuntu, PCManFM, the file manager also "manages" the desktop. However, in my brief experience, I found the options quite limited and didn't find anything relating to arranging desktop icons the way you desire.

What exactly are you aiming for in terms of actual function? Maybe someone can suggest something?

Kostchtchie
October 26th, 2014, 09:33 PM
I found that selecting all your desktop icons and then Right-Click, Snap to Grid, really helped me organize my desktop space, cheers!