PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] can't install

Hamdaan_Hassan
April 30th, 2014, 06:56 AM
when i try to install ubuntu in my pc it's just loading ubuntu 14.04 . when i press the esc button it showing there's an error . i tried to install with my usb stick . other pc s can install but its not wokin to my pc :( ... :'(

kc1di
April 30th, 2014, 11:18 AM
could you give us a little more information to go on?
for starters what make and model is your computer, How much ram What video card are you using?

That information would help us help you get it going.

I suspect it's a video card problem you might want to try booting it with the nomodset parameter.
you can do that by hitting the left shift key when ubuntu begins to boot, go to f6 and select nomodeset from the menu hit esc key then enter.

Hamdaan_Hassan
April 30th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Intel pentium 4 cpu 2.40 GHz , 1.50 GB ram , 64 on board VGA .

mörgæs
April 30th, 2014, 03:54 PM
For this hardware Lubuntu is a better choice.

kc1di
April 30th, 2014, 04:54 PM
would have to agree with mörgæs Lubuntu would be a better choice for you hardware.
I doubt that your video card is new enough to boot unity , it requires 3d.
Try Lubuntu

Hamdaan_Hassan
April 30th, 2014, 08:45 PM
How to install VGA drivers in ubuntu 14.04 ? my resolution is very big i can't increase the resolution i think i have to install the drivers . please help me .

frank18
April 30th, 2014, 10:54 PM
How to install VGA drivers in ubuntu 14.04 ? my resolution is very big i can't increase the resolution i think i have to install the drivers . please help me .

try to see if you have additional drivers,you can open software&Updates center and click where it sais additional drivers.
or if you have ATI AMD video card could type this in terminal,

apt-get update
apt-get install fglrx fglrx-amdcccle fglrx-dev

or

sudo apt-get install fglrx-control

mörgæs
May 1st, 2014, 12:29 AM
Threads merged. Please open only one thread per subject.

For a 64 MB card there are no additional AMD drivers. You need to post all hardware details, especially about the graphics card, in order to get better help.