PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 14.04 - added gnome shell, activities hot corner doesn't work

malspa
April 29th, 2014, 02:53 PM
I added GNOME Shell to Ubuntu 14.04. The hot corner at the upper-left doesn't bring up the Activities overview (clicking on Activities works, as does the "Super" key). Anyone know how to activate that hot corner?

malspa
April 29th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Well, I found that the hot corner works if I switch from lightdm to gdm. I think this is a work-around instead of a fix because I think it should also work when lightdm is being used. Any ideas? Anyone seeing the same thing?

m1qkus
May 20th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Same here. I'll try the gdm workaround. Thanks.

Best regards,
m1qkus

m1qkus
May 20th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Switching to gdm didn't work for me, unfortunately.
Any other ideas, anyone?

malspa
May 24th, 2014, 01:11 PM
I'm actually back to using lightdm, and the activities hot corner in GNOME Shell is working (!). Not sure why. When I first log into the session and move the cursor to the hot corner, nothing happens at first, but then after that it works fine.

Also, I've added the Activities Configurator extension from the GNOME Shell Extensions page. Had to adjust the Hot Corner Threshold down (to about 25) to make it easier to get that hot corner to work nicely.

I don't know if it matters, but instead of editing /etc/X11/default-display-manager directly, I ran the following command and then selected the display manager to use:

$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure lightdm