PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Compiz screwed up

gdesilva
April 29th, 2014, 06:30 AM
I am running Ubuntu Studio 11.04 64 bit version with an ATI card. Installed fglrx and was using xfce4 desktop.

Installed compiz and compiz settings manager and I noticed that when I first set the settings for plugins, such as number of desktops, etc it was not saving my settings. Then I went into Preferences and manually set the plugins and finally got it to work.

Things looked OK for about 4 days and today when I tried to login, compiz was totally screwed up - no panels and desktop icon etc. The only way to get out this was to login in text mode and restart. Was able to login next time via standard ubuntu studio desktop but my standard wallpaper had been replaced by xfce4 wallpaper etc.

I have done a re-install and just wondering whether any one else has had similar experiences with Compiz?

PS. Not related to above but noticed that when I add new items to panels they are all listed as 'Separator' although everything is working fine - this applies to the new install without Compiz.

EDIT : The version I am running is 14.04 and not 11.04 as stated above.

Bashing-om
April 30th, 2014, 06:22 PM
gdesilva; Hi !

Release 11.04 ? Are you sure ? .. as there is no longer any support for that release.
If indeed you are running release 11.04, you are beating on a dead horse.

Ubuntu 11.04
Natty Narwhal
Tech / Rel
April 28, 2011
October 28, 2012

Support terminated October 28, 2012 !

Highly recommended and suggested you install a current release.

moving on up

gdesilva
May 1st, 2014, 01:17 AM
@bashing-om, my apologies....I am running 14.04! Must be a faulty keyboard!!!

Bashing-om
May 1st, 2014, 01:31 AM
gdesilva; Much better .

But, but, I do not, to this time, have 14.04 installed, so can not relate.

Wait a bit and see if those who have to respond.

In the meantime, may I suggest ya edit your post to reflect the correct release.

if I could, I would, I would

gdesilva
May 4th, 2014, 07:29 AM
@Bashing-om (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1111508) Thanks. I have re-installed 14.04 and not running Compiz for almost one week and no problems so far. Planning to install Compiz and see what happens and will post the outcome.

Bashing-om
May 4th, 2014, 07:48 PM
gdesilva; K;

Any and All info is to the good. We can never know enough.

ubuntu; one for all

all for 1