PDA

View Full Version : How to add right-click options to a launcher?

geoffmen
April 27th, 2014, 02:48 PM
I need to add launch options to the gnome3 launchers, like "Compose new message" for Thunderbird and "Open private window" for the browsers. I'm surprised this is not present out of the box, because this is has been a common feature of DEs for a while and it is also the case in unity. I tried the menu editor from the software center, the features are actually there in Actions. I can only conclude that this is a bug in gnome 3, it doesn't display the corresponding launcher actions. Should I file a bug report? Or is there some hidden way to show the actions, like clicking with some modifier key (I tried some basic stuff, to no avail...)?

Frogs Hair
April 27th, 2014, 03:06 PM
The Gnome Shell uses the Muter window manager and not Compiz and Quick lists as those found in Unity have never been one of it's default features. The Fallback and Flashback Gnome sessions don't have this capability either. This is really Gnome issue rather than a Ubuntu issue and there may be an extension for the Gnome Shell only. If using the other Gnome sessions installing a dock could add this functionality. If you choose to file bug report make sure it is for Gnome and not Ubuntu.

https://extensions.gnome.org/