PDA

View Full Version : Lenovo Z570, Ubuntu 14.04

mayur_jain
April 27th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Hello Friends,

This is my first post on Ubuntu Forums. I'm trying to install Ubuntu 14.04 on my laptop but i'm unable to install it properly, I do slect Different path for GRUB installation but nothing comes up not BIOS recognizes my Ubuntu Installation nor Windows 7.

Secondly, I see that I get an option for installation alongside on 32 bit ver of ubuntu but I don't on 64 bit. I do have a 64 Bit machine and Windows never has a problem. It is obvius that i wish to have a 64 bit of Ubuntu alongside but some how I'm unable to do it.

I have 4GB ram and no data on HDD so I'm fine with Formatting HDD but i need a permanent solution as for every 6 months i dont wish to have this issue.

(I'm not very comfortable in re installing Win 7 again and again bi-monthly as my sister also uses for her school work. Additionally working for 15 hours a day for 6 days leaves me little time for this hassle).

Please provide me installation steps in order to install and dual boot win 7 & 14.04 with out and problems.

An additional info on Z570's BIOS will be helpful as i still don't know if i have a UEFI Bios (But it's the latest ver. flashed firmware)

Thanks & Regards.
Mayur

mayur_jain
May 23rd, 2014, 07:00 AM
pleas reply to this thread if not atleast point to relevant link so that i an resume things
:(

sudodus
May 24th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Welcome to the Ubuntu Forums :-)

I suggest that you get Boot-Repair. Start by creating a BootInfo summary and let it upload the result. Post a link to the web address in a new reply. This will help us (and there are many people here, who know more about these problems than I, particularly if there is UEFI or problems with some new and advanced hardware).

See this link https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

Wait for another 24 hours after you have posted a link to the BootInfo summary. This will give people in all time-zones a chance to find your latest post and reply. If you still have no response, you can post in the following megathread

[Boot-Repair] Graphical tool to repair the PC boot in one click (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1769482)