PDA

View Full Version : Synapse does not work Ubuntu 14.04

Derelinquat fenestras
April 26th, 2014, 05:56 AM
Hello all,

Just upgraded to Ubunntu 14.04 LTS from 12.04 LTS running Ubuntu Studio flavor. Loved the application Synapse for launching applications and searching my machine...
Unfortunately since I updated to 14.04, it seems that it has been unninstalled and when I tried to reinstall it via PPA, I get the output:

Package synapse is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'synapse' has no installation candidate

Does anyone know of a way to make it work under 14.04 or know of a similar application?

Thank you in advance!

lifelike27
April 30th, 2014, 05:39 PM
There isn't a synapse build for 14.04 yet, but if you really want it now, you can grab it from their testing ppa (bleeding edge):

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:synapse-core/testing

Don't forget, this is bleeding edge, everything won't work. It's your responsibility, etc.

anujmonster
May 9th, 2014, 04:23 AM
There isn't a synapse build for 14.04 yet, but if you really want it now, you can grab it from their testing ppa (bleeding edge):

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:synapse-core/testing

Don't forget, this is bleeding edge, everything won't work. It's your responsibility, etc.

Just installed on a fresh install of 14.04. Works like a charm.

brinesalt
May 23rd, 2014, 05:57 AM
I just tried this, but can't find the app anywhere or figure out any way to start it? probably missing something very obvious..

markodd
December 13th, 2014, 03:22 PM
I just tried this, but can't find the app anywhere or figure out any way to start it? probably missing something very obvious..

Hey!

You need to do:

sudo apt-get update

Followed by:

sudo apt-get install synapse