PDA

View Full Version : Start Menu right-click “Properties” option does not work/missing in Lubuntu 14.04

roler2
April 25th, 2014, 07:12 AM
In Lubuntu 13.10, when you right-click on any Start Menu program entry, such as Firefox or Audacious, you have two options: "Add to Desktop" and "Properties". In Lubuntu 14.04, the "Properties" option does not work. When you click on it, nothing happens. In fact when I click on the "Properties" option the entire Start Menu freezes. Is there any way to get the "Properties" option working again in Lubuntu 14.04? Is the option being "blocked" from working? In addition, the Properties option does not work even when trying Lubuntu without installing.
Please advise if possible. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

UPDATE: I just finished a complete update. Now the above said "Properties" option is completely missing from all Start Menu Program entries. The only right-click option is "Add To Desktop".

ibjsb4
April 25th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Try

pcmanfm --desktop-pref

See if that helps, more here

http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=100661.0

roler2
April 25th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Thank you for the information. When I reinstall for the 8th time I will attempt your fix. However the fix appears to be for those who cannot access the right click menu. I can access the right click menu, however when I click on "Properties" for any Start Menu Program entry I get nothing. . .it doesn't work. . .well actually. . .the entire Start Menu freezes. When I did the full update, the "Properties" option no longer exists. I will let you know of the results. Thank you again for your assistance.

roler2
May 12th, 2014, 10:29 AM
I reinstalled Lubuntu 14.04 on May 11 and it appears that this specific bug has been fixed along with several other bugs. No error messages of any kind, even on updating. Everything is working terrific so far.