PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] How long until the first update of 14.04?

David_Wright
April 24th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Sorry if this is an obvious question - I've searched a bit in this forum and elsewhere but can't find an answer.

I understand that that there are some (relatively minor) issues with 14.04 (nm-applet, keyboards) and would prefer to wait until these are sorted out before updating my PC and installing 14.04 as a dual-boot on my wife's XP laptop.

How long will it take for the 14.04 iso files to be updated - is there an announcement page, a set timetable or a rule of thumb?
How will I know when they have been updated? Looking at the 13.10 downloads file these appear to simply state 13.10 (not, for example, 13.10.1.005)?

Thanks for your advice.

plucky
April 24th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Sorry if this is an obvious question - I've searched a bit in this forum and elsewhere but can't find an answer.

I understand that that there are some (relatively minor) issues with 14.04 (nm-applet, keyboards) and would prefer to wait until these are sorted out before updating my PC and installing 14.04 as a dual-boot on my wife's XP laptop.

How long will it take for the 14.04 iso files to be updated - is there an announcement page, a set timetable or a rule of thumb?
How will I know when they have been updated? Looking at the 13.10 downloads file these appear to simply state 13.10 (not, for example, 13.10.1.005)?

Thanks for your advice.

The .iso file is frozen at release date and the .iso is only updated when Trusty (14.04.1) is released.

Security and recommended updates are all included in the new point release.

See Trusty Release Schedule (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseSchedule)

Upgrades from 12.04.4 to 14.04.1 will available when 14.04.1 is released.

Good Luck