PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] program make is currently not installed

zune2
April 24th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Hi

Newbie trying to install USB modeswitch but when running the code "make install" I get the answer that "the program make is not installed". Running a totally fresh Lubuntu 14.04 on an old acer aspire 3000. Before I used Lubuntu 13.10 and worked ok with USB modeswitch. The problem also is that I need the USB to get internet acess, so I can't download the build essentials or anything directly to the acer. Anyhow to me it seems that it should not be necessary to uppdat an fresh install of Lubuntu.

ajgreeny
April 24th, 2014, 10:12 AM
I am not sure, but I think build-essential may be available from the install medium, DVD or USB. if not you need to download the build-essential package with dependencies to another machine.

zune2
April 24th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Found the build-essential_11.6ubuntu6_i386.deb file. When running it with package manager it wont work, says lib something is not correkt. When trying to go through the termianl it says that lib packages and make package is missing. Shouldn't these packages be installd with the system? When installing some error with swap partition or something came up. Is this something that can cause these problems? I hade a look at the partitions before I installd next time but made no sens to me.