PDA

View Full Version : Grub hangs, unable to get to BIOS, unable to boot anything

barrel
April 24th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Hello all,

After struggeling with my NVidia settings, I am stuck when rebooting. I am unable to get into my BIOS, I am directly presented with a grub menu that does not respond to any input. It shows the Ubuntu option with a star in front of it, an advanced options, a system setup and a windows option, but the arrow keys do not work, nor am I able to get into command line or edit mode. This also means that I am not able to boot using a LiveCD, my computer is unresponsive

I have tried booting using the escape key, DEL, F2, all by either pressing long time or many times, nothing helps.
I amnot sure how this is related to mu x-settings, but that was the only thing I was trying to change when this happened.

Grub version 2.02~beta2-9

Any input is much appreciated
Barry

ajgreeny
April 24th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Have you managed in the past to get into the BIOS on this machine? Have you recently started using a new keyboard, or made some other hardware change?

I have no idea about the mux-settings (nor even what exactly they are) so I have no way to help you with that query, but it seems strange that the keyboard does not work in grub any more, always assuming that it used to, of course.