PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] usb keyboard & mouse work on live USB, but not fresh install

David_Palady
April 23rd, 2014, 08:29 PM
Hi,I have a live USB of lubuntu 13 and it works fine on my old dell optiplex gx280. I installed via the shortcut on the desktop and all the install messages were fine. when I reboot I get a login page but the keyboard and mouse don't work so I can't log in. here are some notes:<br>1. I've installed twice, once I chose 'reinstall lubuntu', the other time 'delete lubuntu and start over', same result2. holding the shift key while booting gives me choices to use some base versions of linux, same problem3. holding the shift key and choosing 'c' gives me a grub prompt. The keyboard works at this prompt, but I don't know what to do4. I've tried the sysreq key instead of just cycling power and this doesn't work either.the kicker is the mouse and keyboard work fine on the live USB, I'm using them now.can I copy some startup files from the live USB to the hard drive so it boots up with the same settings as the USB drive?Thanks in advance for your help with this problem.

David_Palady
April 23rd, 2014, 11:52 PM
I didn't really solve the problem, but I did make it go away :)

I burned a cd of the newest version 14 and reinstalled off it and now everything is fine.