PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Where are my tray icons?

abi278
April 23rd, 2014, 12:41 PM
Upgraded to 14.04 last night and now my system tray / notification area (not sure what you call it, but the hidden panel that can be called up from the bottom of the screen in Gnome 3) is not working properly. Some applications, when minimised to the tray, just disappear - there is no tray icon and I cannot get them back.

Opera and Pidgin do appear in the tray when minimised, Dropbox, Keepass, Spotify - and probably others - don't.

What's happening here and is there a fix?

peshooo
April 23rd, 2014, 04:34 PM
I have the same problem with Xubuntu after upgrading to 14.04. Most notably the Skype icon is missing.

halfbeing
April 23rd, 2014, 06:23 PM
I have the same problem also with XFCE. The XFCE native applets are still there though.

malspa
May 1st, 2014, 04:15 PM
I have added GNOME Shell to Ubuntu 14.04. I don't seem to have a message tray at all. I added Variety wallpaper changer; it does work fine, but I expected to see its icon down there in the message tray, but there's nothing.

malspa
May 1st, 2014, 04:35 PM
Okay, just found out that Super+M opens and closes the message tray. I guess that works for me, but... having a little trouble getting used to this version of GNOME Shell compared to the version in 12.04 and the version in Debian Wheezy.