PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 14.04 upgrade created thousands of files in home directory?

matt97
April 21st, 2014, 10:33 PM
I got the prompt to upgrade to 14.04 this week and did so. Everything seemed to go fine until i tried to do a deja dup backup afterwards. DD ran for hours and I noticed it was scanning abunch of weird files. As best I can tell, the upgrade created two folders in my Home directory: Atf_v4vUPm and inuo2Qu3j. These two folders have thousands of files in them. I moved them to trash to see if it would impact system stability. No impact. Everything seems to be working fine. Went to delete them out of trash and the machine has been 'preparing' for the delete for hours. So far the file count it's trying to delete is over 670 thousand files! And still going!

Any idea on what these folders are? Can I get rid of them? Any idea how many files are in there? Is there a better way to get rid of the files?

Any help GREATLY appreciated!

mörgæs
April 22nd, 2014, 01:40 AM
I would do a backup as soon as possible, that is copying your user files manually to a USB stick or an external hard disk without Deja Dup or similar.

After that a fresh install.