PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Problem with Gmail in Chromium

Rinre
April 21st, 2014, 05:20 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my quite newly installed Lubuntu 13.10, to which I haven't managed to find a a solution by googling or searching the forums.

I usually use Chromium as my main browser, but for some reason, it doesn't display my g-mail correctly on this installation, which is making me have to use firefox a lot more. Accessing my Gmail with cromium, the right edge (with all the options buttons etc.) is far off the screen, and I can't even scroll to it (see screenshot), making it practically unusable.

Does anyone know why this might be, or what I could try to fix it?
Any ideas would be much appreciated!

All the best,
Rinre

bapoumba
April 21st, 2014, 05:24 PM
Is that one of their theme ? Please try with a standard one.

Rinre
April 21st, 2014, 05:34 PM
Ok, here's the same screen shot with the standard "bright" theme (As you can see, the theme selection has no influence on this problem).

bapoumba
April 21st, 2014, 05:39 PM
OK thanks, I have never seen this, will look around.
I'm sure you have already tried to hit the maximize window button back and forth, and ctrl-0 (zero) to set the standard zoom, or crtl and minus (-) key to lower resolution. Could it be a combination of font size and zoom ? Do you have a scroll bar at the bottom ? Enabled some features in gmail ?

Edit: please try clearing cache and cookies.

Second edit: please try with a new user. Do you still have the same issue ?
Last resort : Settings > Advanced Settings > Reset browser settings.

Rinre
April 21st, 2014, 06:00 PM
Thanks a lot for your ideas!
They got me thinking on the right path, after trying some of the things you suggested, I deactivated the addon "AutoZoom 1.1", which proved to be the culprit. As long as it is deactivated, Gmail is shown correctly.

Now I just have to find out how to make the default zoom/size larger in a different way (am using a 32Inch 1080p TV as a monitor, and the default size is usually unreadable).

PS. Since the original issue is fixed, I'll mark the thread as solved. Thanks again bapumba!

bapoumba
April 21st, 2014, 06:09 PM
Glad to see you fixed it and thanks for marking your thread as solved :)

You can increase zoom with ctrl + and decrease it with ctrl -.
As I do not use them (smaller screen size here) I'm not sure all is rendered correctly.

The Cog
April 21st, 2014, 06:33 PM
I use ctrl-scrollwheel to zoom. Chromium seems to remember the zoom for each web site, which is handy.

bapoumba
April 21st, 2014, 06:48 PM
I use ctrl-scrollwheel to zoom. Chromium seems to remember the zoom for each web site, which is handy.
Thanks, I did not know that :)
One thing I discovered by accident, if you scroll in the tab area, it switches between open tabs.