PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 14 Composite issue

Bigpat
April 20th, 2014, 05:29 PM
I have no idea what happened but after I upgraded to 14 my Docky has been acting up. For some reason I cannot enable metacity and it not even sowing up in the config Editor section. I'm I the only one having this issue. I even tried to install compiz and I still cannot enable composite even thought I have it checked and restarted everything. Has metacity been removed in Ubuntu 14?. I also check the installed applications and it says metacity is already installed. But it is not showing up anyware else. Can someone help me enable metacity if possible.

Thanks in advance

Bigpat
April 20th, 2014, 05:44 PM
ok It sems that I was able to correct the issue by removeing gnome flashback. This upsets me greatly as I like the gnome classice feel and look. So to eveyone I say this. How do I get a work gnome classice look in ubuntu 14 along with Docy Composite to work.

grumblebum2
April 20th, 2014, 05:55 PM
What session do you login to.
Don't understand ... "But it is not showing up anyware else. Can someone help me enable metacity if possible."
Is compiz your window manager or metacity???

grumblebum2
April 20th, 2014, 06:00 PM
ok It sems that I was able to correct the issue by removeing gnome flashback. This upsets me greatly as I like the gnome classice feel and look. So to eveyone I say this. How do I get a work gnome classice look in ubuntu 14 along with Docy Composite to work.

Enable metacity compositing via terminal...

gsettings set org.gnome.metacity compositing-manager true

There are 2 flashback sessions with different window managers.

Flashback(Compiz)
Flashback(Metacity)

Compiz is a compositing window manager.
By default compositing in metacity is not enabled.