PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ubuntu 14.04 with Windows Vista

encore2
April 19th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Hi

I will install ubuntu 04.14 on laptop with windows vista. The instalation Program can`t wiev the Partionon my SSD Samsung 810. (105GB + free place for linux) but the instalator see only unformated Disk without any Partition, Any instalates OS. And i can`t install ubuntu without delete OS Windows Vista

plese can anyone help me

varunendra
April 22nd, 2014, 08:49 AM
Welcome to the forums encore2!

Please boot the Live DVD (or USB, whatever you have) > open a terminal (Ctrl-Alt-T) and post back the output of the following command -

sudo parted -l

While posting the outputs, please use 'Code' tags. It preserves the output's formatting and makes the post cleaner, compact and more readable. To see a quick 'HowTo' with screenshots, please follow the "Use Code Tags" link in my signature.

encore2
April 23rd, 2014, 09:17 PM
thanks for helf in the time have instalated secondary SSD and use to install Ubuntu But wery thank for the tip

Encore

encore2
April 23rd, 2014, 09:19 PM
Hi

Thanks for the help in the time have i instalated secondary ssd only for linux. But wery thanks for the typ

encore2

varunendra
April 24th, 2014, 05:59 AM
No problem! (And your writing skill is good enough for this place as long as you are able to communicate.. :))