PDA

View Full Version : How to install Ubuntu 14.04 LTS alongside Windows 7

Wilman_Darnasutisn
April 19th, 2014, 01:17 AM
hi guys,

i can do step by step to dual boot Ubuntu and windows. and my problem is.. in the installation type, i'll create a partition for swap. but, when i click my "unusable disk/free space", it can't add for swap.. "+" button not active/work?
or Ubuntu 14.04 can't did dual boot?

Thanks,
Wilman

gdesilva
April 19th, 2014, 03:08 AM
I am not sure what your problem is. If your problem is that you cannot create a swap partition, then sounds like you do not have space on your disk. You can shrink one of your OS partitions to create space for swap. Hopefully, this answers your question?

squakie
April 19th, 2014, 03:21 AM
Try booting only with the "Try Ubuntu" option first, and run the following in a terminal when it boots:

sudo gparted

When gparted starts (if it's not installed, install via sudo apt-get install gparted), be sure it is on your hard drive then try taking a screenshot (you can find it in the menus) and post it back here - it will be of help. Don't try anything further until we see what you are dealing with as we don't want you to accidentally mess up your partitions.

Wilman_Darnasutisn
April 19th, 2014, 05:46 AM
i have shrink my HDD. i'm create unallocated space 30 Gb..
thank you for answers.

Wilman_Darnasutisn
April 19th, 2014, 05:47 AM
I am not sure what your problem is. If your problem is that you cannot create a swap partition, then sounds like you do not have space on your disk. You can shrink one of your OS partitions to create space for swap. Hopefully, this answers your question?

i have shrink my HDD. i'm create unallocated space 30 Gb..
thank you for answers.