PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Cannot boot into unity/ubuntu

Muhammad_Ahmad_Mujtaba
April 14th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Hello , i am Ahmad and i am facing trouble created by myself.

Here is the problem:
"After Lubuntu logo appears: a black screen appears with a blinking white '-' on the top left corner of the screen for infinite time'.

Summary to the problem:
"I had another problem before dumping into the mentioned problem. My Ubuntu was working superb but suddenly after login again into Ubuntu [Unity Desktop] , i noticed my window borders and terminal which were appearing black completely. I searched through the internet and found some solutions and tried one of them [ see below link ]

http://askubuntu.com/questions/360598/13-10-black-borders-black-terminal

there i saw a solution in which some one told me to install [I]MIR through below link:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Mir/Installing

I did the same and after installing MIR successfully my system rebooted [at this point everything went planned]
But after booting into Ubuntu 13.10 just after Lubuntu logo ; a popup came 'saying something like, your PC is running on very low graphics' and i hit Yes to something meaningful which was next popup after this [ i don't remember what actually was that but all i know that hitting yes would be nicer to me at that point. Then above problem raised and screen turned black for long long period and i put the ubuntu off by power button on my machine and now this problem]."

P.S.
Luckily, i already had primary operating system Linux Mint Debian Edition [dual booted with Ubuntu 13.10].
Now i am on Linux Mint right now but i really wanted ubuntu 13.10 back i have things over ubuntu.
Furthermore, i had Unity and LXDE installed on Ubuntu 13.10.

My machine is:
Ubuntu 13.10 [365GB] /dev/sda/sda4 [Secondary].
Linux Mint Debian Edition [100GB] /dev/sda/sda2 [Primary].
Lenovo B570e.
intel HD 3000.
Core i3-2330M processor.

Two +points are these too:
i can access ubuntu drive though linux mint so may be copy pasting some scripts over Ubuntu root directory possible in solving the issue.
I have Ubuntu live usb ready to boot into Ubuntu 13.10 anytime to work over problem!.

Thanks for reading this much and commenting!.