PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Website Errors (Amex Australia)

Matt_Higgins
April 13th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums so please excuse any incorrect placement of this thread...
I've just installed Xubuntu on one of my laptops and the first site I tried was American Express (Australia) and I can't login due to an error on the page.

I installed Chromium as well and had the exact same problem. I imagine this is an issue with the OS... short of Amex fixing their website (had no issues in Windows or OSX on this site).

When you go to the page (https://www.americanexpress.com/australia) there's a login box at the top left, a "business" button is incorrectly placed and you can't use the login.
The Amex US site doesn't have the issue. In fact, I just figured out I can login to the US site, I guess this is still an issue though.

Any thoughts..??

Thanks

Matt Higgins

bapoumba
April 13th, 2014, 02:28 PM
A screenshot would help, because I'm not sure I see what you are describing (Chromium here).

Matt_Higgins
April 14th, 2014, 03:30 AM
Screenshot attached. Thanks

bapoumba
April 14th, 2014, 08:12 PM
OK, no problem here, so that must be your browser profile.
Any plugin or extension ? Blocked javascript ? Does the same thing happen if you create a new user profile ?

Matt_Higgins
April 18th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Thanks, but I don't think it's an issue with this machine specifically, I've just formatted and installed Ubuntu 14.04 and the issue is still there (in both Chromium and Firefox).
I'm pretty certain I've seen the same issue on a different version of Ubuntu on a different machine too...

bapoumba
April 18th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Thanks, but I don't think it's an issue with this machine specifically, I've just formatted and installed Ubuntu 14.04 and the issue is still there (in both Chromium and Firefox).
I'm pretty certain I've seen the same issue on a different version of Ubuntu on a different machine too...

Hmm, have you tried from another OS (if you happen to have one around) from the same internet access point ?
What do you get when you click on the "My account" link ?