PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Install 14.04 Trusty Beta 2

brosskgm
April 9th, 2014, 01:29 PM
I just did a complete 64Bit fresh install to Seagate Pipeline HD 2 500Gb SATA harddrive.

Intell 2.5Ghrtz Dual Core 4Gb Ram.

Install went flawless. When I boot the system, it gives the following error at every boot up.

error : malformed file
Press any key to continue.......

I could not locate an error log under /var/log .

Thanks
Bob

grahammechanical
April 9th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Is there any indication as to the point in the loading process this error appears? We still need to do updates, perhaps on a daily basis, to trusty tahr. This problem might be fixed by an update.

Regards.

brosskgm
April 9th, 2014, 05:03 PM
The screen is blank, No boot information or process, but the error shows just as the border around the screen edge is shown.

Is there any indication as to the point in the loading process this error appears? We still need to do updates, perhaps on a daily basis, to trusty tahr. This problem might be fixed by an update.

Regards.

bapoumba
April 9th, 2014, 05:49 PM
I got that message a couple days ago. Pressing a key got me booted up, I ran update/upgrade, rebooted and never saw it again.
I just thought of a hiccup as it booted up, after thinking of a grub problem.

brosskgm
April 9th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Thanks for your replies.

Same here for pressing key to boot. I'll try the update/upgrade in about 15/20 minutes. I wasn't sure
that would have been needed since I just downloaded the iso this morning.

Thanks
Bob

I got that message a couple days ago. Pressing a key got me booted up, I ran update/upgrade, rebooted and never saw it again.

brosskgm
April 9th, 2014, 06:37 PM
I'm running the update now. 95+ megs. But I did notice an update error that has me concerned.

GDKPixBuf * WARRNING * Can not load pixbuf loader
Likely means your installation is broken.

brosskgm
April 9th, 2014, 07:00 PM
Update finished, now I have a additional happening.

Now it gives me the boot screen to select *Ubuntu or other advanced boot options after every reboot/cold boot, then after it starts *Ubuntu I still get the error : malformed file press any key to continue.

It's not a big deal. I'm not running anything else on the hard drive, just this beta 2 so I could see how it's working. My working system has 12.04. I'll run an update over the weekend and see if it still does it and maybe even do a clean install.

Thanks
Bob

bapoumba
April 9th, 2014, 07:23 PM
I searched for the error the other day, searched again today and did not find anything..

brosskgm
April 9th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Could be one of those things since they only have AMD 64bit iso. I'm running intel.

I searched for the error the other day, searched again today and did not find anything..

bapoumba
April 9th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Old Intel 1,6GHz, 1GB ram here, lubuntu 32-bits.

RickKnight
April 23rd, 2014, 04:41 PM
The screen is blank, No boot information or process, but the error shows just as the border around the screen edge is shown.

I have this same issue, but in my case it shows up before the border is drawn. I also lost the boot splash screen.

Rick

RickKnight
April 23rd, 2014, 04:46 PM

I'll try this tonight. Thanks.

Rick

bapoumba
April 23rd, 2014, 04:50 PM
I'll try this tonight. Thanks.

Rick
For what it's worth, I choose the space bar..