PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't Install UBUNTU in AIO HP L295 la computer, AMD Catalyst

Jos_Javier_Salin
April 1st, 2014, 05:41 PM
Recently I emigrated from Windows to Linux. To be sincere, I downloaded Linux Mint, which is awesome, love it!, but i want to try Ubuntu in my desktop and my others computers end even buy me a phone with this OS. The idea of bring my pc just everywhere is totally awesome! But I couldn't managed a problem that I had. The AMD Catalyst HD8xxx driver issue. I investigated and all, but I just could not install your system. I solved all that EUFI huge problem!, check!, but not the video drivers or the HD sound system problem. There is any possibility of help or advice so I can install definitely the OS in all of my computers. Ah!, before saying good bye, just wanted to know: is ubuntu suitable to hardware with less capabilities, I mean a netbook. Could be amazing to have this system, even with less visual resources, but working in my netbook, so I can revive it! Finally if anyone can hear my plea!, hahahah! could my actual smartphone, which has an awesome hardware: Samsung SIII, emigrate it to this OS, or I have to buy I new one from cero!
Hope anyone could help me with my desktop, just want a clean environment and open like Ubuntu, but I just can't have it!
See you guys, nice work!, keep on going!

su:bhatta
April 2nd, 2014, 05:19 AM
Recently I emigrated from Windows to Linux. To be sincere, I downloaded Linux Mint, which is awesome, love it!, but i want to try Ubuntu in my desktop and my others computers end even buy me a phone with this OS. The idea of bring my pc just everywhere is totally awesome! But I couldn't managed a problem that I had. The AMD Catalyst HD8xxx driver issue. I investigated and all, but I just could not install your system. I solved all that EUFI huge problem!, check!, but not the video drivers or the HD sound system problem. There is any possibility of help or advice so I can install definitely the OS in all of my computers......

Have you been able to install the Ubuntu OS?
What is the problem you are facing with the open source drivers?

Have you tried to search for 'Additional Drivers' from the 'Software and Updates'.
Search for 'Software and Updates' from the dash and then click on Tab, 'Additional Drivers' If you get a list of Fglrx drivers, you can select from the Radio button click and install them.
See if that helps.

Please be clear about what problem you are facing.