PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] autostart teamviewer and reduce to tray icon with alltray

Xubuntist
March 28th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Hello,

Xubuntu 13.10

I can install Teamviewer and it works beautifully
I can install Alltray and it works beautifully, and I can manually reduce Teamviewer to the tray as required
I can set Teamviewer to run at boot-up in StartUp Programs and that works beautifully. However, it leaves the Teamviewer window open on the screen.

But what I cannot fathom for the life of me (and I am dizzy from reading dozens of posts and trying lots of "solutions") is how to get :

Teamviewer to start with Xubuntu
Alltray to start With Xubuntu
get Teamviewer into the system tray automatically at boot-up

This post in particular interested me (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1669060&p=10367545#post10367545). But I cannot figure out how to automate it. The poster says he did:

bash -c "sleep 20; alltray teamviewer"
but even when I enter that into a terminal window (with or without "sleep") it only opens Teamviewer, it doesn't minimise it to the tray.

I have put the following command in the Alltray StartUp program

alltray /opt/teamviewer/teamviewer/7/bin/teamviewer
Once again, all this does is open Teamviewer maximised on boot-up, it does not minimise it to the tray.

I also tried to make it work with

/usr/bin/alltray /opt/teamviewer/teamviewer/7/bin/teamviewer &&
Once again, all this does is open Teamviewer maximised on boot-up, it does not minimise it to the tray.

I'm still going through all sorts of options I have found online, but I wonder if somebody could give me a hand with this?

Many thanks with your continued patience and generosity.

François

Xubuntist
March 28th, 2014, 02:38 PM
I just tried this,

alltray -s -l /opt/teamviewer/teamviewer/7/bin/teamviewer %u

Xubuntist
March 28th, 2014, 04:23 PM
OK, I've finally fixed it, not by fighting with Alltray, but by dispensing with it and switching to KDocker instead. Here's the command and, by jiminy, it works :p

First install KDocker

sudo apt-get install kdocker

In Xubuntu : Settings manager > System > Session & Startup > Application Autostart > Add

Name : Teamviewer
Command :

kdocker -n Teamviewer -i /opt/teamviewer/teamviewer/7/desktop/teamviewer.png -d 40 /usr/bin/teamviewer &
OK & Close

PS. This works with Teamviewer 7 and Xubuntu 13.10.
PPS. I just tested this on my Xubutu 12.04 laptop which has Teamviewer 5 installed and this did not work. I'll therefore be uninstalling version 5 and install version 7. I may have to upgrade the laptop to 13.10 for this to work on that laptop, I don't know yet.

I hope this helps somebody else as completely frustrated as I was!

Xubuntist
March 28th, 2014, 04:37 PM
http://beretgascon.fr/data/images/capture.png