PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Reinstall Launch Bar

Jay_N
March 27th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Does anybody know if the launch bar can be reinstalled on Ubuntu 12.04?
I have a weird shadow thing on the bottom or top (depending on where it is scrolled to) and the trash icon doesn't move with the launch bar. It is permanently fixed to the bottom.
Somethinghappened to it while trying to install NVIDIA drivers.
Either that or when I manually changed the sizing of the launch bar icons via the terminal and gedit.
I have unity 2d so that change launch bar slider doesn't show up for me.

Thanks!
Jay

Jay_N
March 29th, 2014, 12:47 PM
I just decided to try the opther options for the desktop upon login. Before I typed in my password, I clicked the Ubuntu logo and chose Unity instead of Unity 2D. That seemed to have fixed my launch bar issue. Somehow I must have loaded 2D and not realized it.

grahammechanical
March 29th, 2014, 03:39 PM
I am using a development version of 14.04 and the Trash icon is indeed fixed at the bottom of the Launcher. Why do you think that it could be moved? Also Unity 2D uses a different compositing/window manager to Unity 3D. We cannot make the same adjustments in Unity 2D as we do in Unity 3D.

Regards

Jay_N
April 17th, 2014, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the info. grahammechanical. Sorry for the late reply. What I meant was that the launch bar moves up and down if you have enough icons on it, so you can see what's there. But for some reason my trash icon was at the bottom of the launch bar but when the launch bar moved, it didn't. I figured out what the problem was and answered my own question in my last post.