PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HP Pavilion g6 overheating

geekhush
March 25th, 2014, 04:54 PM
hi, i am trying to install ubuntu on a hp pavilion g6 laptop and facing the following problem. so i have tried kubuntu, ubuntu12.4 lts, ubuntu 13.10 and everytime i am facing the same problem. the problem being during the installation or on trying it on a live environment the laptop's fan over behaves and due to the heat the pc turns off.. and on installing kubuntu i had once completed the installition process and on rebooting a black screen with "grub>" greeted me and i being not so much of an uberuser didn't know what to do. i have windows 8 installed and want to dual boot. also if it helps i have a amd apu A8 and radeon 7 series. any help much appreciated

ubfan1
March 25th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Dust can build up over time and block the air flow needed for cooling. Check that the vents are not blocked either, both on the bottom and sides.

geekhush
March 27th, 2014, 09:12 AM
hi, duely noted thank you... but the thing is when i run windows on it, it doesn't behave that way even if i am running a game on it. i did a some search and i learned that its amd's hardware that is making all the fuss and i need to install some software on their official page to stop my gpu from over behaving. but then again i wouldnt be able to install it let alone run it since th pc would turn off..anyways thanks for the heads up and to make everything in my favor i will get it cleaned right away.

Navneet_Kumar
March 27th, 2014, 09:24 AM
I reccomend you to use unetbootin and be patient during the installation process...........try ubuntu 13.10 desktop........i have the same configuration and it works perfect.......:D